Please read these booking conditions carefully – if you book a course etc. with us you are bound by them
You may cancel without penalty within 24 hours of making your booking (unless the course starts within 24 hours of making the booking), otherwise your acceptance of the following is assumed.
Please note that The Institute does not accept provisional bookings. All bookings are accepted on the basis that they are firm bookings and subject to the conditions below.
• Requests to cancel a booking must be made in via email to
• You will be then be sent a Cancellation Number which must be quoted in any
future communications. Your booking is not cancelled until this number is issued.
• Cancellations via telephone cannot be accepted.
• Full refund or cancellation of invoice as appropriate, if cancellation 56 days or more
before the event. An administration charge of £15 will, however, be made.
• 50% of payment due if cancellation 55 to 29 days before the event. An
administration charge of £15 will, however, be made.
• We regret that full payment is due if cancellation is 28 or less days before the
• Monies are not transferable to other courses or events.
• Delegate substitutions are allowed but an administrative fee may be charged if
substitution is made less than a week before date of event.
If we have to cancel
A full refund of the course or event cost invoiced will be given. We accept no liability for travel and accommodation costs. As we reserve the right to amalgamate and/or postpone courses if circumstances require, we advise that you do not make firm travel arrangements until 10 working days before the course or event date.
If a non-member of the Institute applies for membership between the date of booking an event and the actual event, a refund of the difference in prices will be given by the appropriate reduction in the membership cost.