Advanced Practitioner Certificate Workshop (in-house)
Before registering for the APC Workshop you need to have fulfilled the following elements or at least be actively working towards:
- You need to have accumulated a total of 180 training credits - and most applicants will have already reached or exceeded 100 credits to obtain their Certificate of Professional development (CPD)
- Courses you have attended must include Law of Consultation and, depending upon your role, ideally our Best Practice Online Consultation course
- Your last training course attendance must have been within the last two years of registration
The total cost is £175.00 + VAT and this includes attendance at the APC Workshop, the paper submission fee and the Certificate, when awarded. It does not include the cost of the training courses.
If you have any queries before enrolling, talk first to Sue Myall on 01767 318350 where you can find out how many training credits you may already hold and how you might reach the required 180 as soon as possible.
- What is an Advanced Practitioner?
- Introducing the paper
- Paper Topics:
- The impact of our recent consultation(s) on decisions taken and the issues considered
- Community expectations and the role of public/stakeholder consultation in meeting these aspirations
- The role of social media in our public and stakeholder engagement
- Avoiding legal and media challenges to public & stakeholder engagement exercises
- Finding ways to empower seldom-heard (‘hard-to-reach’) groups and disadvantaged communities to participate fully in the democratic process
- Rules & Administration
- Refreshment break
- A look at some examples…
- The Code of Conduct for APC holders