Best Practice Online Consultation
Public training is currently suspended due to Covid-19
CPD/APC Credits: 25
This course takes you through each stage of the consultation process, identifying where online tools can be used to complement your offline methodology. It looks at current
trends and their impacts, recommended standards and behaviours, how to encourage dialogue, and pro-active approaches such as social listening.
Who is it for?
Designed for people who know what social media is but wish to raise their game to integrate social media engagement with best-practice digital consultation.
• Understand expectation management – supply, demand, behaviours and attitudes towards digital engagement with Consultors
• Safeguards – how to create controlled environments for quality engagement purposes while avoiding the pitfalls of GDPR and judicial review
• Solutions – explore the range of commercial solutions, platforms and their application
• Design – discover tips on how to design effective online questionnaires and how digital engagement might integrate with social media as well as a paper process
• Content – find out what constitutes engaging content and how it should be deployed
• Reach – learn how insights can be captured and used to track goals and engage online influencers
• Action – what steps to take to improve an existing activity
Key Learning Points
• The range and possibilities of commercial solutions for online consultation
• Considerations for creating a workflow around stakeholder relationship and feedback management
• Digital stakeholder mapping and influencer engagement
• How to design an online survey which meets design good practice while being compliant with legislation
• How to think beyond a survey and set up a website for different online dialogue methods
• The standard to produce digital content fit for public consultation
• How to ensure that online consultation is implemented safely and is fault-tolerant
• What to do if things go wrong and how to safeguard consultation integrity
Book the back-to-back dates with ‘Co-Production in Public Engagement and Consultation’ and receive a 10% discount.