Better Focus Groups (in-house)
CPD/APC Credits: 25
This is a course where the emphasis is on the use of Focus Groups in public consultation and participation, rather than as a market research methodology. It is not just about organising such events, it also teaches facilitation, using a specially prepared film of a genuine Focus Group. So be a fly on the wall – watch and listen to an actual Focus Group and observe the all-important skills of Facilitation/Moderation. Spot the deliberate mistakes!
Who is it for?
Anyone interested or involved in public engagement and consultation or public policy and wants to learn techniques and broaden their knowledge.
• Exploring what focus groups are and when we use them
• Appreciate the role and value of using focus groups
• Focus on practical skills and their application
• Identifying and formulating the right questions
Key Learning Points
• Establishing appropriate aims and objectives
• Assess when and why it is appropriate to use focus groups as a method of public engagement
• Moderating focus groups
• Practical applications