Professional Development (CPD)
The Institute’s Certificate of Professional Development
recognises an individual’s commitment to enhancing his/her skills and knowledge in engagement consultation services and techniques. Since the scheme began, we've awarded over 1,800 certificates.
Changes for 2020
Traditionally, the 100 credits were earned by attending public and in-house training courses. Due to social distancing requirements, the emphasis switches to online delivery.
Currently, zoom-based alternatives to classroom training are becoming available for in-house delivery, but in the meantime, CPD credits will be earned by undertaking a choice from our growing portfolio of e-learning courses.
The 100 credits must be earned by:
• Completing the Consultation Charter e-learning course (20 credits) and participating in the online, zoom-based, Charter Workshop (10 credits/90 mins)
• Completing e-learning courses of one’s choice:-
- Creative Dialogue Methods (20 credits) - Creating a coding frame for text responses (10 credits)
- Consultation and Public Events (15 credits) - Data Analysis and Report Writing (20 credits)
- Focus Groups (10 credits) - Collecting information, data and sampling (10 credits)
- Surveys and Questionnaires (10 credits) - Stakeholder Mapping for Public Consultation (15 credits)
*New courses are in development to add to our portfolio*
• Completing our virtual in-house training courses
CPD status expires three years after the last credits have been awarded. This is re-set every time new points are awarded. CPD qualification requires an active membership but credits are accumulated regardless and can be counted if joining at a later date.
To discuss in more detail, please email Sarah or call 01767 318350.