Equality Analysis for Consultors (in-house)
Based upon what the Institute has observed from legal challenges and as a ‘follow-on’ to our course ‘Equality Law in Public Engagement and Consultation’, ‘Equality Analysis for Consultors’ is a workshopped training opportunity to help you learn the most efficient and safe ways to undertake Equality Analysis and present the information at the different stages where required.
To undertake this course, we recommend doing ‘Equality Law in Public Engagement and Consultation’ first. It is important to know the legal requirements before learning how to undertake the practical exercise.
Who is it for?
Anyone with a responsibility to undertake Equality Analysis or to make decisions where ‘due regard’ is needed.
- To clarify what processes are needed for Equality Analysis.
- To teach participants the mindset that is needed to do this work effectively.
- To develop participants as EA investigators.
- To ensure participants appreciate how to evaluate what is needed on a case by case basis.
Key Learning Points
- How to develop a plan to undertake Equality Analysis for a programme/project.
- How to deliver your plan and ensure you have the right research and information.
- How to present the information in order that decision makers can prove ‘due regard’.