Essential Healthwatch (in-house)
CPD/APC Credits: 15
Essential Healthwatch is designed with two primary objectives. The first is to enable the Healthwatch team to scrutinise the processes public bodies undertake sufficiently to identify whether they have incorporated what they should have done, from establishing a case for change through to final decision making in service change scenarios.
Based around the ideal timeline, it examines what should happen through pre-consultation, option development and consultation, to enable a body to make a decision that is fair and legally sound.
The second objective of ‘Essential Healthwatch’ is to develop the confidence of the Healthwatch team to be an effective partner to support consulting bodies, understanding what they need to achieve at the differing stages of a change process and how to facilitate engagement to help meet those needs.
Who is it for?
This is an ‘essential knowledge’ course designed specifically for Healthwatch Directors, Management and Staff.
• A clear understanding of the processes health bodies and councils should go through when conceiving and making changes to services
• An understanding of the legalities that must be observed, including whether consultation is required or not
• The ability to evaluate what sort of involvement for service users, stakeholders and the general public is ideal at the differing stages of a change programme, including where and what type of co-production is beneficial
• The confidence to discuss and debate with representatives of health bodies and councils what processes should be taking place on a case by case basis
• Learned from practical examples and actual cases
Key Learning Points
• Practical application of the 'ideal timeline' for service change
• Understanding of the definitions and application of processes within pre-consultation and consultation
• Evaluation of whether consultation is required or not
• The legal framework a consultor must work to