Making Community Engagement Meaningful (in-house)
CPD/APC Credits: 25
Engaging with communities is critical for both public and private organisations if they wish to gain, build and maintain community understanding and support for their activities.
This course is essential for those who want to ensure their community engagement activities are meaningful, building trust and reciprocity with the communities being served.
Who is it for?
People who would like a general introduction to community engagement, those who need to refresh their knowledge in particular around planning, setting objectives and understanding practical examples of best practice engagement techniques.
This course aims to help participants improve their community engagement practice by better considering best practice examples, practical support for planning and thinking through the most
appropriate engagement techniques to use for different objectives.
Key Learning Points
After the session participants will:
• Understand the concept of community engagement and definitions internationally and across the UK nations
• Understand the concept of community engagement across four broad themes in line with best practice
• Understand the importance of defining community engagement objectives so community and stakeholders understand the purpose and outcomes of engagement, which is key to building trust
• An overview of best practice engagement techniques and how they can be deployed
• The importance and practicalities of feeding back what you have heard and how it is being used to shape next steps