The Institute has established a unique methodology for undertaking a Skills Audit focused upon public engagement and consultation skills.
How does it work?
It uses gap analysis to interpret self-assessment questionnaires, whereby individuals rate the relevance of specific skills to their job roles and also assess their proficiency against a highly specified set of semantic anchors. The resulting data provides our clients with excellent information about the strengths and weaknesses of team members and instantly identifies priority training needs.
Skills Audits can be geared towards a short-term consultation and engagement programme, or towards longer-term capacity building.
Data capture is normally undertaken online, and arrangements can be made for confidential briefings to senior management. A final report can be added if required. The Institute has found that a comprehensive Skills Audit/Review can be of significant value in ensuring that engagement and consultation is consistently delivered to best practice standards.
Key Learning Points
• Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your current skills and knowledge profile
• Identify priority skills/knowledge requirements
• Identify and prioritise skills and knowledge gaps
• Helps create or validate personal development plans
• Enables regular monitoring of skills and knowledge levels
• Supports decision-making on ‘make-or-buy’ for critical skills and knowledge
• Provides a key input into manpower planning and capacity-building