Understanding Community Engagement (in-house)
CPD/APC Credits: 20
Who is it for?
- Public engagement professionals working for a wide variety of bodies in the public, private or third sector
- Functional service managers delivering in the public space
- Consultants advising on projects and developments in the public space
- To raise participants awareness of new and popular techniques of involving the public on difficult issues.
- To understand the dynamics of 'continuous engagement', 'co-production' and other techniques
- To provide a safe space for participants to explore alternative approaches to public engagement problem solving
- To explore the difference between 'engagement' and 'consultation' and the way they interact with each other
Key Learning Points
- The demanding standards of public consultation and the occasions when public engagement can morph into consultation
- The circumstances when different approaches to public engagement might work best
- The role of political and community leaders in developing a culture of public engagement