Members receive a 20% discount.
Signpost Series by Barry Creasy
Published in 2007, Effective Focus Groups is a 40-page step-by-step guide to planning and using focus groups as part of a public consultation exercise. The book’s layout allows easy reference, and includes the use of icons to highlight tips, important information, and decision points. The following areas are covered:
- The definition of a focus group –including recommended size and duration
- Reasons for holding a focus group (and how it relates to other dialogue methods)
- Saturation – how many focus groups to use
- Participant mix, sampling, and how this affects the design
- Planning a focus group exercise
- Question construction, including stimuli other than spoken questions
- Moderation skills (including techniques for discouraging dominant participants)
- Recording and reporting a focus group
- A brief outline of related ways of collecting information from a group
- Bibliography – a list of further reading
Got a question?
assist with any questions you might have.