Terms and Conditions
Please read these booking conditions carefully – if you make a booking with us you are bound by them.
You may cancel without penalty within 24 hours of making your booking (unless the course starts within 24 hours of making the booking), otherwise your acceptance of the following is assumed.
Please note that tCI does not accept provisional bookings. All bookings are accepted on the basis that they are firm bookings and subject to the following conditions:
- Requests to cancel a booking must be made via email to email@example.com
- You will be then be sent a confirmation e-mail verifying we have received your intention to cancel
- Cancellations via telephone cannot be accepted.
- If cancellation is 56 days or more prior to the event, an administration charge of £50.00 will be made
- If cancellation is between 55 to 29 days prior to the event, an administration charge of 50% of the invoice value will be made
- If cancellation is 28 days prior to the event, the invoice will be payable in full
- Delegate substitutions are allowed and will attract an administrative fee of £25.00 if made less than a week before date of event.
If we have to Cancel
- We will arrange for your booking to be transferred to the next available date or to another course or event of your choice to the same value of your booking
- We accept no liability for travel and accommodation costs if these have been pre-booked. We reserve the right to amalgamate and/or postpone courses if circumstances require. We advise that you do not make firm travel arrangements until 10 working days before the course or event date.
Under the new data protection law which commenced May 2018, we have several lawful reasons that we can process your personal information. One of these is legitimate interest. We collect and process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes to enable us to improve our services and do business with you. We carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before doing so.
Our interests: We may store your information for legitimate business purposes and interests. Some examples of these are:
- Direct Marketing: We will provide communications which we think will be of interest to you and will further the aims of The Consultation Institute. We will ensure all our communications are relevant and tailored to your interests.
- Online Purchase: For us to process an order, contact information will be collected such as name, address, email and telephone number.
- Personalisation: Where processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our clients.
- Research: To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and to develop our products, services and relationships with you.
- Analytics: To process your information to help us with our services and to provide you with the most relevant information as long as this does not harm your rights and interests.
Your interests: When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will carefully consider and balance any potential impact on your and your rights under GDPR and other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests. You can withdraw your permission for us to process your personal information at any time by contacting us or updating your preferences on our communications to you.
You have the right to object if you wish and can do so by contacting us or unsubscribing/updating your preferences on all communications sent by The Consultation Institute.
By submitting your information to The Consultation Institute, you agree to the practices described herein. Information collected from this site may be retained indefinitely, and may be stored, accessed, and used in jurisdictions whose privacy laws may be different or less protective than those of your home jurisdiction.
This web site also uses Facebook Like cookies on selected pages. If you do not give permission for cookies to be stored on your PC for use by your Facebook account please click ‘do not proceed’ on the pop up box that appears when using the Like button.
In common with most websites, The Consultation Institute website automatically logs certain information about every request sent to it. This information is used for system administration and for producing usage statistics. Summary statistics are extracted from this data and some of these may be made publicly available, but these do not include information from which individuals could be identified. Relevant subsets of this data may be used as part of investigations of computer misuse involving this site. Data may also on occasion be used to enable investigation of technical problems on the website. Otherwise logged information is not passed to any third-party except if required by law.
From time to time we will use electronic forms on this site to gather personal information for purposes directly related to a service, function or activity of The Consultation Institute. When we do so we will let you know the purpose for which the information is being collected (including if the information is to be published). Completion of and submission of any form on this website is entirely at the discretion of you, the website user.
If you fill out a web form on our site, your information will be stored in our CRM system and some amount of your past browsing on this site may be available to our personnel to determine your interests, so we can better engage with you and improve our site. However, if you use private browsing, you may provide us with your information without making your past browsing activity available to us. If you do not wish for us to have your personal information, please do not fill out any of the web forms on this site.
If you opt-in to our newsletter or any of our other marketing emails, clicking on a link in any of these emails may cause you to be personally identified on our site. This may cause some part of your past browsing history on our site to be available to our personnel to determine your interests, so we can better engage with you and improve our site. If you do not wish for this tracking to occur, you can unsubscribe from our mailings or use private browsing mode to avoid tracking. If you opt-out from communications we keep your information only to ensure we don’t inadvertently contact you.
In using and submitting forms on this website you agree that The Consultation Institute may use any personal data of yours that you supply through the forms. The Consultation Institute respects your privacy and seeks to protect your personal data:
- The Consultation Institute will only collect and use your information to administer, support, improve and obtain feedback on its services.
- You understand that you can unsubscribe or update your preferences in all correspondence we send you, or on our website.
- The Consultation Institute will not disclose your personal data to any other organisations without your permission.
It is important to appreciate that The Consultation Institute website provides links to other independent sites, but this policy and statement applies only to direct use of this website. You will need to consult the providers of other websites for information on their policies.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is The Consultation Institute.
- The competition is open to all.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 24th After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable except if the course is undertaken by an alternative individual within the prize-winners organisation.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by tCI.
- The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.