Terms and Conditions
Please read these booking conditions carefully – if you make a booking with us you are bound by them.
You may cancel without penalty within 24 hours of making your booking (unless the course starts within 24 hours of making the booking), otherwise your acceptance of the following is assumed.
Please note that tCI does not accept provisional bookings. All bookings are accepted on the basis that they are firm bookings and subject to the following conditions:
- Requests to cancel a booking must be made via email to email@example.com
- You will be then be sent a confirmation e-mail verifying we have received your intention to cancel
- Cancellations via telephone cannot be accepted.
- If cancellation is 56 days or more prior to the event, an administration charge of £50.00 will be made
- If cancellation is between 55 to 29 days prior to the event, an administration charge of 50% of the invoice value will be made
- If cancellation is 28 days prior to the event, the invoice will be payable in full
- Delegate substitutions are allowed and will attract an administrative fee of £25.00 if made less than a week before date of event.
If we have to Cancel
- We will arrange for your booking to be transferred to the next available date or to another course or event of your choice to the same value of your booking
- We accept no liability for travel and accommodation costs if these have been pre-booked. We reserve the right to amalgamate and/or postpone courses if circumstances require. We advise that you do not make firm travel arrangements until 10 working days before the course or event date.
Under the new data protection law which commenced May 2018, we have several lawful reasons that we can process your personal information. One of these is legitimate interest. We collect and process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes to enable us to improve our services and do business with you. We carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before doing so.
Our interests: We may store your information for legitimate business purposes and interests. Some examples of these are:
- Direct Marketing: We will provide communications which we think will be of interest to you and will further the aims of The Consultation Institute. We will ensure all our communications are relevant and tailored to your interests.
- Online Purchase: For us to process an order, contact information will be collected such as name, address, email and telephone number.
- Personalisation: Where processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our clients.
- Research: To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and to develop our products, services and relationships with you.
- Analytics: To process your information to help us with our services and to provide you with the most relevant information as long as this does not harm your rights and interests.
Your interests: When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will carefully consider and balance any potential impact on your and your rights under GDPR and other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests. You can withdraw your permission for us to process your personal information at any time by contacting us or updating your preferences on our communications to you.
You have the right to object if you wish and can do so by contacting us or unsubscribing/updating your preferences on all communications sent by The Consultation Institute.
By submitting your information to The Consultation Institute, you agree to the practices described herein. Information collected from this site may be retained indefinitely, and may be stored, accessed, and used in jurisdictions whose privacy laws may be different or less protective than those of your home jurisdiction.
This web site also uses Facebook Like cookies on selected pages. If you do not give permission for cookies to be stored on your PC for use by your Facebook account please click ‘do not proceed’ on the pop up box that appears when using the Like button.
In common with most websites, The Consultation Institute website automatically logs certain information about every request sent to it. This information is used for system administration and for producing usage statistics. Summary statistics are extracted from this data and some of these may be made publicly available, but these do not include information from which individuals could be identified. Relevant subsets of this data may be used as part of investigations of computer misuse involving this site. Data may also on occasion be used to enable investigation of technical problems on the website. Otherwise logged information is not passed to any third-party except if required by law.
From time to time we will use electronic forms on this site to gather personal information for purposes directly related to a service, function or activity of The Consultation Institute. When we do so we will let you know the purpose for which the information is being collected (including if the information is to be published). Completion of and submission of any form on this website is entirely at the discretion of you, the website user.
If you fill out a web form on our site, your information will be stored in our CRM system and some amount of your past browsing on this site may be available to our personnel to determine your interests, so we can better engage with you and improve our site. However, if you use private browsing, you may provide us with your information without making your past browsing activity available to us. If you do not wish for us to have your personal information, please do not fill out any of the web forms on this site.
If you opt-in to our newsletter or any of our other marketing emails, clicking on a link in any of these emails may cause you to be personally identified on our site. This may cause some part of your past browsing history on our site to be available to our personnel to determine your interests, so we can better engage with you and improve our site. If you do not wish for this tracking to occur, you can unsubscribe from our mailings or use private browsing mode to avoid tracking. If you opt-out from communications we keep your information only to ensure we don’t inadvertently contact you.
In using and submitting forms on this website you agree that The Consultation Institute may use any personal data of yours that you supply through the forms. The Consultation Institute respects your privacy and seeks to protect your personal data:
- The Consultation Institute will only collect and use your information to administer, support, improve and obtain feedback on its services.
- You understand that you can unsubscribe or update your preferences in all correspondence we send you, or on our website.
- The Consultation Institute will not disclose your personal data to any other organisations without your permission.
It is important to appreciate that The Consultation Institute website provides links to other independent sites, but this policy and statement applies only to direct use of this website. You will need to consult the providers of other websites for information on their policies.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted.
Competition Terms and Conditions
General Competition Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions organised by the Consultation Institute (tCI) or by a third party on the Institute’s behalf
- By entering a competition, an entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all, regardless of geographic location, with the exception of employees or associates of tCI
- Entrants must be above the age of 18 years of age
- All entries before the last Thursday of each quarter will be deemed to be valid, subject to other conditions here
- Only one entry from each individual will be accepted- additional entries will be discarded
- By entering the competition, entrants warrant that all information supplied by them is true, current and complete
- No entry fee is required to enter the competition
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason
- Winners will be selected, from all entries received and verified by tCI on the last Friday of each quarter
- The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date.
- The prize shall consist of one (1) Consultation Institute e-learning course under the value of £50
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable except if the course is undertaken by an alternative individual within the prize-winners organisation.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current (UK) data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- tCI shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 201, the General Data Protection Regulation and any successor legislation or applicable law
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, tCI shall be entitled to disqualify such entrant without further liability, with any prize being forfeited
- The promoter of the competition is The Consultation Institute, Lynwood House, Crofton Road, Orpington, Kent, BR6 8QE
Black Friday Deals Terms and Conditions
Members Deal- Members may receive a voucher to give them a 10% discount on any Institute service under the following terms and conditions:
- Members may claim their discount voucher at any point before 31st December 2021
- The Institute may issue vouchers after that date if claims come in prior to 31st December
- Only one voucher may be claimed per membership or organisation
- Vouchers may be redeemed under the following terms
- The issued voucher will be valid for use until close of business on 31st March 2022
- The voucher may be redeemed for any service offered by tCI at the time of redemption
- At the time of redemption the redeeming organisation or individual must be an active member of tCI
- Vouchers must be redeemed for one service, and may not be split between multiple services
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any point
Non-members Deal- Non-members may receive a 20% discount on a new Institute membership under the following terms and conditions:
- A valid application for membership must be received before 31st December 2021
- The membership may be processed by the tCI team after 31st December 2021 without this affecting the applicable discount
- Existing members may not claim this discount towards renewal of Membership
- The discount may be applied to any category of Membership
- In the event that a new member wishes to apply the discount to a monthly-payment Membership Contract, a 20% discount will be applied to each payment for the first year
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any point