Members receive a 20% discount.
Signpost Series by Barry Creasy
Published in 2008, Effective Public Meetings is a 52-page step-by-step guide to planning and running public meetings as part of a public consultation exercise. The book’s layout allows easy reference and includes the use of icons to highlight tips, important information, and decision points. The following areas are covered:
- The definition of a public meeting in relation to standards of good practice in public consultation
- Deciding when a public meeting is appropriate, and how this way of consulting fits in with other dialogue methods for consulting stakeholders and the public
- Planning for a public meeting, including timing, venues, layout, access, and equipment.
- Documentation, presentations and speakers
- Getting people there – advertisement, invitations, incentives, audience-targeting, and accessibility
- Choosing and briefing chairs and speakers
- Staffing a public meeting (including security considerations)
- Advice for chairs on handling participant contributions (including dealing with difficult or verbose participants)
- Responding to questions
- Recording, reporting and follow-up Involving the press/media
Got a question?
assist with any questions you might have.