Engagement with communities is critical for both public and private organisations if they wish to gain, build, and maintain community understanding and support for their activities. But what do we mean when we talk about community engagement? How do we go about planning it to make sure it is meaningful?
Delivered over two consecutive morning sessions, this course is essential for those who want to ensure their community engagement activities are meaningful, build mutual understanding, trust and reciprocity with communities to meet your project’s objectives.
What topics will you cover?
– Concepts of community engagement and definitions
– The importance of defining community engagement objectives, purpose and outcomes
– Overview of best practice engagement techniques
– Practical tools and planning guides
– The importance and practicalities of reporting and feedback
What will you achieve? An understanding of…
… theory and practice
… how engagement fits into consultation
… practical tools and guidance
Who is this course for?
Entry level practitioners who would like a general introduction to community engagement. Practitioners who would like to refresh their knowledge.
Caroline Latta | Senior Associate
• Complex and controversial service change
• Public involvement and consultation
• Strategic communications and behaviour change